If your lenses don’t last long before they are scratched, then it’s probably time to update your eyeglass cleaning habits! To keep your lenses in fine condition, follow these cleaning instructions.
1. First, wash your hands with regular hand soap or dish soap that doesn’t contain lotion.
2. Rinse your glasses under lukewarm tap water with a gentle stream.
3. Put a drop of soap on each lens. Remember do not use a soap containing lotion.
4. Gently clean both sides of the lens and the frame. Be sure to wash the nose pads and hinges.
5. Rinse with lukewarm water and carefully shake to remove excess water.
6. Use a clean, lint-free cotton towel to dry your lenses and frames. Dish towels are fine as long as they haven’t been washed and dried with substances that can smear your lenses, like fabric softener or dryer sheets.
7. Check to see that your eyewear is free from smears and smudges.
Even when using eyeglass cleaning products, it’s important to inspect your lenses and follow instructions. We always provide a refillable cleaning spray and microfiber cloth with any eyewear purchase.
The best way to avoid not only scratching your glasses, but also having to clean them frequently is by getting an anti-reflective (AR) treatment. These treatments help prevent scratching, reduce glare, and even resist dust, dirt, and oil.
Talk to our staff if you have any questions about proper care for your glasses!